Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Zelda's foot had been getting better but then almost overnight it worsened considerably. Off to the Vets we went. I am $193.00 poorer and she is on Baytril and Surolan Ointment. It was $65.00 for 30ml of Surolan. Wow. At that price it should cure cancer:eek:
The Blu-Kote that I had been using was a good idea but Dr. Farrow says to use the Surolan instead. Here is my fingers crossed that she gets all better!

·
Registered
277 Posts
So Zelda's foot had been getting better but then almost overnight it worsened considerably. Off to the Vets we went. I am $193.00 poorer and she is on Baytril and Surolan Ointment. It was $65.00 for 30ml of Surolan. Wow. At that price it should cure cancer:eek:
The Blu-Kote that I had been using was a good idea but Dr. Farrow says to use the Surolan instead. Here is my fingers crossed that she gets all better!
My homeboy Frank still has a sore on his ankle. I'm still treating him with Blu Kote (I think on your suggestion) and Neosporin. He pulls bandaids off lickety-split, so I have to get creative with masking tape. I feel bad for him, but I feel like I'm doing everything I can. He was like Zelda -- had a good run of getting better, but then it got worse. I blame myself, I thought the sore had closed up. Or maybe it did and he reopened it. Oh well. I dunno, but I can't dwell on it now.

Is this Surolan stuff prescription-only? If not, could you include a link in your reply?

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, the Surolan is by prescription. It is similar to Blu-Kote but at prescription strength. After I put it on her foot I just carry her around till it sinks in. Otherwise her and the rat pack will lick it off, lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts