Rat Forum banner

Bumblefoot

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  amandanicollee 
#1 ·
I've been cleaning my boy's feet with Dial anti bacterial soap and then spraying him with Blu Kote, an antibacterial, antifungal coating for about a month and a week now. I believe they are actually getting worse. What else can I do to try and reduce the size of them and help him heal up?

#4 ·
All I have is a flip phone and he is squirmy. I caught it quick enough that it never got to the point of growths. He just has two sores on his back feet. He isn't really chubby either. I'm not sure what you mean by substrate. I may look into that Vetericyn since this stuff isn't helping.

#7 ·
Aspen is quite a harsh substrate though very absorbant which is good. I would cover it with a layer of fleece for now and see if that helps. Fleece on its own is no good as it doesn't absorb away any urine. Probably the best substrate for bumble foot is vet bed, which is a thick wooly material so the rat gets to be a long way away from where the urine ends up

#8 ·
Regarding bumblefoot, what is the early signs of it? I just noticed one of my girls has what it looks like to be dirty feet but when I wiped her down with a baby wipe, it didn't come off. Its not red or anything. I clean the bars with baby wipes once a week and the other one doesn't have it. Should I be concerned? Sorry for the semiblurry photo. but I think ya'll will get the jist of it. And if there's anything, what could I do to prevent/help it stop if its bumblefoot?
Leg Skin Hand Finger Thigh
Heat Hand Fire
Skin Arm Hand Finger Leg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.