Rat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I'll be frank: I'm going to just do some plain-out bragging about Boo (Buscemi,) because he is so very cute! (Also, because Gus has had plenty of bragging done about him, and little Boo needs to catch up! ;) )

Both Boo and Gus are potty trained, but Boo is ~really~ good about it. He always finds the litter box in the corner, except when he pees. He still goes to that corner, but he might be on the second, or third floor of his house, so it just drops down to the first floor.

Well, when we are out to play for a long time, and Boo has to pee, he always finds the same corner, and pees there. (Sometimes, he "marks" things, but usually, he's trying to obey the "potty training" rule.) When I realized what he was trying to do by "using" the corner, I laughed out loud.

Then, lately, I've been bringing their little "travel" cage in to the rat-bathroom when we play, in case they want a hammock, some food, or some water out of a bottle. Or maybe, just a place that feels like home.

Tonight, Boo really had to go potty while we were playing...more than just peeing. He totally amazed me, though, by how he handled this situation:

He went into the little cage, went to the corner where his potty would be if it were his big home, and went there! He's really smart, and he really wants to do what he should do, in the "potty training" department! :)

I have to tell this story here, because, unfortunately, no one in my family can see the humor or intelligence in a "rat/potty training" story... 8O

·
Registered
407 Posts
Not only do I see both the humor and intelligence, but know that I am jealous - each of my now NINE boys refuse to use the litter box. this started about 2 weeks ago. grrrr

·
Registered
166 Posts
Which one is Boo?

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Boo is the little one! :D

·
Registered
166 Posts
He's SOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!! ^.^ >.< ^.^

Is the spot on he's head a spot or does it go back to his back? I can't tell in that pic...

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's just on his head...I think this means that he is a "capped," instead of a "hoodie" with a stripe, like his brother Gus.

There's something about Buscemi (Boo) that looks a little "wild" around his eyes. This is my favorite picture of him:

·
Registered
166 Posts
AAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is SOOOO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^.^

1 - 8 of 8 Posts