Rat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So every Saturday I do a deep clean of the boy's cage. I desemble the shelves, wash the whole manor, and disinfect food bowls, water bottles, toys, etc. No problems there.
My main concern is actually the daily cleaning. This'll sound weird but I kind of can't tell what dirty bedding looks like? Like don't get me wrong - if bedding is covered with feces I take that out, but the boys don't smell. Their cage doesn't smell bad at all, and their bedding doesn't look soiled to the eye (it keeps its color). I guess this is weird but can someone post some pics of clean bedding and soiled bedding because by the eye I can't see a difference and that worries me.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Just like my own bedding doesn't necessarily look soiled when I change it, rat's bedding doesn't necessarily look soiled when I change it. Sometimes it might smell a bit without really looking bad. Then again if the rats aren't litter trained or do a lot of peeing on their bedding, the smell is bad and there are yellow stains all over it. Maybe you just have clean ratties that aren't soiling their bedding that much.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts