Rat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey well this cage is only for 1more month untill i move and get there awsum huge cage XD!!! (yay) but i think they might be brd atm what can i add to my cage ...here some pics
large view

this is toxic btw (shes all tryna escape)

i got them a ball aswell that toxic and nymph love!

anyway is my cage ok for now...

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
i like it, however, you HAVE to cover the floors, not good for ratty feet, they could get bumble foot :( i like the cage though, hooray for new big cage!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thanks , for that the new cage has nice falt ground no icky bars ...i only got this cage coz it was the only ok sized one anywhere!! i went to like 5 places gah...lol.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Don't put the rats in that ball like a hamster, that's pretty bad for them.

You can leave it open and hang it up like a hammock with some fabric in it and they'll prolly hop right in and snooze!

·
Registered
997 Posts
toxic_tears1990 said:
its made for rats my grils love wondering the house in it
Yeah, I don't care if it's made for rats, it's bad for them.

If you don't clean it properly, it's like keeping them in a tank. Very poor ventilation and...ick. That and the rats don't get a very good bearing on their surroundings in the ball, they have poor enough eyesight already! It's just crule to put them in those balls, IMO.

Just rat-proof a little area or build a good pen and let them roam in that.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
but i cant rat proof anywhere right now were in the middle of moving and i clean it in boiling water after every use, and its hard to see but the ventalation is not bad at all, and its not crule if they like it if i open it and put it near them they run in and dont wanna leave it , if i thought aat all they wanted out id let them out of it

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
That wheel looks very small. What size is it? For girls, you'll need at least an 11" wheel. Also, the bottom floor could be easily covered with just a towel or even an old shirt or something. They should have at least somewhere to go where they're not walking on wires. You could hang some hammocks. My girls like boxes to crawl around in. Mostly though, they just love their wheel. Girls have a lot of energy and are very active, so a big enough wheel is very important ^_^

·
Registered
549 Posts
it looks like a big cage, what are the dimensions? I would definitely cover the wire floor, it can't be comfortable, and remove the wire grate at the bottom (thats aspen right? ;-)) And finally, a water bottle is much better than a bowl, easier to keep clean and easier to keep a constant supply of water.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
they have a bottle and a bowl because im a lil sceard it might get blocked so i put a bowl in there aswell

ill be covering some of the floor tonight witha towl ,

as for the wheel it is small its ok for them atm because there only small ,
ill be replacing it apas but i just brought them the hammock and tent last week so the wheel is gunna have to wait a week or two ,(they do fit in it fine atm though)

the cage is
2 feet high (24inches i think)
1.2 feet wide (14 inches i think thats right)
2 feetlong

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
just to update ive brought some fleece to cover the bars and i got a new wheeel that is bigger :) ill post pics in a new thread later (probly call it cage update ) cleaver huh :lol: lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts