Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious as to what pans people have used to make fleece cage liners and where they can be found. Based on my measurements I could use a petco dog crate pan for my base but they dont sell one in the dimensions I need for my second shelf. Has anyone made theirs? Or were they bought from somewhere?

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
It may help to know what cage you're working with or dimensions. A lot of people do the bass pans for critter/ferret nations. Plastic pans may be harder to find in the right size if your cage didn't originally come with them. If it did and you need more, you could probably contact the manufacturer. If you're looking for something else because you don't like the pans it came with then letting us know what your cage is may help since someone may have the same cage. I searched high and low for a cheap plastic bin that would fit the ferret nation so that I could use aspen for my boys and finally saw someone here talking about cement tubs from homedepot; worked like a charm :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the guinea pig home and rat him by kayttee. They're stacked so its like a two story house. The guinea is 16.5"/31" but the base is closer to 16"/28". The rat is 12.5"/25.5" but I don't have base measurements because my measuring tape mysteriously disappeared (probably the cat took it) while I was cleaning.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep. They're supposed to keep the bedding in the cage but its always on my floor

1 - 5 of 5 Posts