Rat Forum banner

221 - 240 of 259 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Haven't posted here yet, so....
This is Merry and Pippins cage. Cage: Single Ferret Kingdom
Cute little sign I bought from a signmaker on ebay, can't remember the name of the seller, i'll have to dig through my purchase history.
It did have a second level but I took it out because it was a fleece and space waster. I have more hanging room now.
Old carrier I turned into a bed.
Pipe tunnel
Basket hamock

·
Registered
459 Posts
Best part of taking a cage apart is getting to redesign the whole thing :wink:

This is a divided DCN. The two halves are kept separate. In the bottom half the new things to that group are the tunnel, igloo, dig box, and saucer which you can't see. New things in the top are dig box, extra branches, and fabric tunnel.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
DIY Rat Cage (Bookshelf)

I made my rat cages out of bookshelves :) all shelves covered in fleece. This makes cleaning SOOOO EASY! I have 2 five level cages and two 4 level cages. Also have a 5 level cage that was handmade that I am selling Dimensions- 4ft-H 3ft-W 2ft-D (pic attached)
image1.jpg
handmade2.jpg this one for sale! $75/OBO

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Here's Zelda and Rutos cage. My boyfriend was laid off from work last week, but as soon as he goes back I'm upgrading to a critter nation. This is just temporary :) I'm going later today to get them more toys and something to hide in

13250367_1164309360287638_437764897_n.jpg

·
Registered
27 Posts
Here are my cages, in the left are my two boys ... they are lucky enough to have the who;e cage to themselves. They don't have many climbing things in their cage because they don't use them much and would rather have the floor space. They do have a cardboard tunnel that is hanging, a hammock and a hanging wooden toy but they love their cardboard box on the bottom level and the wood logs. Most of all they enjoy the space to rough and tumble with each other. Casper is on the shelve and Dobby can just be seen on the blue igloo. LUCKY BOYS!
cages.jpg
My girls are on the right, there are 5 of them, mum Bella and 4 of her babies, Willow, Cora, Lily and Ruby. They have a litter box on both floors as I am trying to litter train the babies! They all utilize the cage and climbing items a lot more than the boys. The babies has just started to use the bottom half of the cage just today.
Since the photo I have added a ladder to both cages and my new water bottles came today so each cage now has three bottles.
The boys cage is lower because I need new wheels and unable to find any that fit just yet.
Thank you for looking.

·
Registered
149 Posts
20160731_202627_zps8iiyiqrp.JPG 20160731_202643_zpsomaruus5.JPG
Heres the current look of my cage, its the pet smart version of the critter nation. I added extra shelves so my oldest girl could get around with the ramps no longer being steep and theres tubes connecting the levels so she has grips to hold onto. She has HED so her back legs aren't as good as they used to be. If anyone wants to know whats what in the cage just message me.

·
Registered
140 Posts
IMG_1757[1].jpg IMG_1763[1].jpg IMG_1764[1].jpg IMG_1765[1].jpg

My DIY cage made from about 4 or 5 other cages!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I can't wait until I can get a nice big cage for my skeet skeet and fiances Remi. I made a cage out of a tub for them to at in but they also have a small starter cage with nothing to play on but a wheel. Here is the tub cage I made them. Soon I'll get them something better. But for now they seem to love it.

Addiction is a disease!
www.opiateaddictionforum.com

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've been waiting such a long time to be able to post a picture of my cage onto a thread about it, I've spent so much time cleaning and preparing for the rats that I've watched the RF for years and now I'm so proud of being able to post here!

They have a large cardboard box that they like to cuddle in, can you spot where the loner rat is? ;)

They also have a few ledges to balance on, a rope bridge thing, a towel rope I made with plaited towel, two food bowls, a water bowl, a litter tray, a sputnik, a couple of tubes and one pathetic towel hammock. Can anyone direct me to someone who sells cheap hammocks (either in the UK or ships to the UK)

221 - 240 of 259 Posts