Rat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last night i go† some ropes and toys (which i made) and 2 more hammocks for the cage so it isnt boring anymore! so far they dont know what the rope is for, and cant figure out what the hammock is (its a tube hammock)

UPDATE: and i got the mesh off tuesday night heres pics!

the cage with no mesh

one of the smaller holes chewed

big hole

dribbles guarding the rats while i clean the cage

closeup

yogie in the trophy

its pretty now!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Re: new toys in the cage!

they'll figure it out - mine are just now starting to 'get' some of the fun stuff in their cages...however, they tend to find uses for it other that what I had in mind :lol:

·
Registered
549 Posts
Re: cage reno!!! updates and pics!

Is the rope dangling or tied at both ends? If i give my boys a dangling rope they ignore it, but if I tie it like a tight rope they either sit on it or use it to get into their hammocks. If your rats wont use the hammocks you could try putting a treat (or two or three...) in it, they'll climb in to get the treat and then realize how fun it is!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: cage reno!!! updates and pics!

well thhey used to love the hammocks! then i took them all out to wash them, when i put them back in they didnt use it anymore, so i will try the treats (thats what i did last time) but they could be useing it when im not around. ive only ever seen them sniff the rope, so ill tie it at the ends, but once again they could be using it when im sleeping or not there

1 - 7 of 7 Posts