1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
How old are your rats? The one thing about SuperPet cages is their wide bar spacing. They're not really usable until the rats are about 2 months old for males, and maybe even 4-6 months old for females. You could cover the cage in hardwire cloth, although that's not very nice looking.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes my rats are about 2 months old and they can't be put in there yet. (they're females)
the superpet cage is really large so I bought it for its space. its just such a shame that I cannot use it yet. And I'll have to keep the other cage for future rats because of the spacing in the superpet cage.
so the question is, is it worth keeping for the space (its 40 inches) or just go buy another one?

·
Registered
393 Posts
I'd go for another cage especially since rats do much better in multi-level vertical cages seeing as they love to climb. I have a page on cages:

http://www.petinfopackets.com/rats/ratcages.html

Underneath the stuff on pet store cages is information about Martin's Cages which may also be an option for you. Martin's Cages are very popular with rat owners.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
For $5 more you can get this one, which is three levels. It doesn't look so good in the picture, but we find it is a decent sturdy cage with plenty of climbing room (we have 2 of them).

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Actually, there is a better picture of the cage I linked to on Darksong's link - the second cage down on the list.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts