Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got 2 baby boys a few weeks ago and theyre getting bigger now and can go into bigger cages(and will need one in a couple weeks). any suggestions on what cage to get? I'd prefer the cage to be long and not more than 2 level(all my rats are pews and i dont feel comfortable with anything higher than 2level, they get a little clumsy sometimes). but i would like it to be rather long for plenty of running around and wrestling room. where should i look? im assuming id need to order one online since the only petstores close by is petsmart and petco, haha. thxthx

also is there a store online where i can buy ramps/levels for cages? i have one cage for my female pew right now thats like 40.5"L 24" H and 18" W would another cage of similiar size be enough for 2 males?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Honestly the best thing is to just search around. If you find something you like - put it through the calculator to make sure it's big enough. There are so many online stores now I'm sure you will have no problem finding what you need.

·
Registered
109 Posts
If the dimensions you said above are correct (40.5" x 24" x 18" - unless you mean centimetres instead of inches?), then the cage is big enough for 5 rats, according to Fancy Rat's cage calculator, so it's definitely big enough for 2 males.

And I agree with what moomoo said - the Corner Look-Outs are good to add to cages, as long as you put fleece / plexiglas / plastic canvassing on the wire shelves so that the rats can't get their feet caught.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts