Rat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband and I are keen to get 2-3 female rats. We would likely keep them in our home office so we could spend time with them (and we already have guinea pigs in our living room!).

Available floor space is limited though we can go high. Would this cage be suitable - measurements H150cm x L60cm x W60cm? We live in the UK.

Table Furniture Building Shelf Shelving

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep, we have already done some moving around. The cage I have identified as a possible seems more than adequate in terms of volume from the calculators I've looked at, and doesn't have wire shelves so shouldn't cause bumblefoot. What are the min space requirements for 2-3 females? And are there any obvious unsafe/suitable features of this cage I may have missed?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Apologies if I wasn't clear. I just want to understand the minimum amount of space required/recommended and then we can focus on getting them as much as practicable on top of that :) It's confusing as there are many different views online (there seem to be more "standard" guinea pig space requirements in terms of recommended/minimum - which made it easier when we researched before getting them)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts