Rat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me see if I can figure out how to do this...

The cage is enormous...almost bigger than the chest of drawers it sits on!

Cage Degu Pet supply Gerbil Animal shelter

Bottom left...igloo, temporary litterbox, and food bowl.

Food Comfort food

bottom right - flying saucer. Hopefully they like it!

Mechanical fan Cage

Second story left, dollar store "house" and treat and water bowl unpictured (will rethink if I decide I want/need a litterbox on every floor)
Cage

Second story right...chew log, toys, etc..
Cage Rodent Cuisine

Penthouse level... awesome tube hammock and crappy hammock that came with the cage. I have lots of material to replace the crappy hammock when it breaks.
Tree Room Leisure Metal Cage

All I need now are a couple of rats! I've got some decent food, trail mix (mostly dried fruit) and yogurt drops for treats.

·
Registered
953 Posts
That cage is a really nice size for 2 or 3 rats to live comfortably

As far as plastic chewing, it really just depends on the rats. If they do chew plastic it's pretty impossible to get them to stop. That said, I did ferret rescue for years so I have a huge collection of plastic based cages that I use for sick, quarantined or my one current loaner rat who hates his brothers. After having rats for over 20 years I have my first plastic chewer, who is of course one of my girls. All my previous rats groups have been boys and they never chewed plastic. I've never had more than 3 rats till now, so not a huge surprise I finally got a naughty plastic chewer.

Your layout is great! It really shows you did your research. You will make a great rat Mom!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just got the same cage. What are you using on the bottom layer?
I'm using dollar store cloth "bath mats". It takes 2 to cover the whole bottom, but that's fine. I figure the rats probably will burrow under them, chew them, and whatnot, but I bought 8 of them for easy cleaning and spare replacements. I got that idea after watching a lot of experienced "rat people" on youtube with similar cages endorse that method. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts