Rat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi giys, i have 4 rats in a savic zeno 3 cage, it is 100x50x70. i have them upstairs but it is getting too hot there for them, so for now i moved the cage downstairs and placed it on the dining table. not ideal, but it is a solution for now. whe would like to have them downstairs in the living room, but i cannot place the cabionet with the zeno 3 there, i have no space for it, or for something like a critter nation (nothing over 70cm wide) i was thinking about this cage. it has more volume then the zeno 3, but smaller floorspace. would this be ok? or is it better to keep them in the zeno 3 and move the cage upstairs when it is cooler? (that way i do not have a dining table during summer)
it is 60x50x124cm

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
The Montana actually looks like it has a smaller volume than the Zeno 3. I'm coming up with about 20 cubic feet (0.58 cubic meters) for the Zeno cage and 15 cubic feet (0.45 cubic meters) for the Montana.

I'm not a big fan of a 60 cm (23.5 inch) cage width but if it means they can be in a safer part of the house, that's definitely a viable trade off!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The zeno 3 cage is 0,35 and the other cage is 0,44. Made a typo. The cage is 60x60x124cm
Not sure if the cage floor is big enough.....

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you think a ferplast jenny is big enough for 4? Would it be possible to make a tower from a ferplast jenny + ferplast mary maybe?

Maybe i can fit this size in my livingroom, but it will be next to the heating, i think that will be too warm and dry when on during winters?

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Are you sure you have the Zeno 3 measurements correct?

The Jenny has just about the same volume as the single unit Critter Nation. At 80 cm wide (31.5"), I think it's a bitt better than the above linked cage for floor space! I think 4 is the maximum number of rats I'd house in a Jenny but I think it's probably do-able. Adding on to the top might be a nice way to increase the overall dimensions but maybe not entirely necessary.

Your concerns about the heat source are valid, though.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will think about everything and the pro's and cons..... a (singel)CN might work if we change the furniture set up in the livingroom.... but i hate that the CN doesn't have deep pans. I would have to make one myself.....

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Oh, I wasn't trying to recommend the Critter Nation, I was just saying that the Jenny was the same size (and it already has a deeper pan).

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i understand, but the jenny has vey tony doors.... so it is the CN (large doors but no deep pan) ir a cage with deep pan but with tiny doors....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts