Rat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i live in iceland and in iceland pet rats are illegal but there is a chance that they will be legal soon.

i am going to get pet rats if they get legal in iceland but i want to ask you what cage do you reccoment?

what can i use for bedding and how can i make my own hammocks?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Heh. That's a big question.

I love my Ferret Nation 142. I'm not sure if it's available in Iceland. The main problem will be finding one available to you. Use the rat cage calculator to look for something big enough. 1/2 inch spacing is preferable when the rats are young, 1 inch can work for bigger rats (most males, many females, once they're old enough).

You can use aspen, carefresh (fluffy fabric type), rolled newpaper, or fabric with litter boxes.

You can make your own hammocks with washclothes, bandanas, bits of fleece or flannel, punched with holes and hung with paperclips, safety pins, lanyard hooks, etc.

·
Registered
107 Posts
as an off question, i was curious as to why rats are illegal in iceland? ive never heard of rats being illegal anywhere. strange.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the icelandic government says that the pet rats could escape and destroy icelandic nature...i think that the ban is silly to.but can you guys tell me HOW MUCH COLD CAN PET RATS HANDLE?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Okay, Hilli. HOW MUCH COLD CAN A WILD RAT HANDLE?

Not much. However, they will find places to HIDE. WARM places. Like HOUSES.

Just like your WILD RATS DO.

Now stop shouting at us.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts