Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
should i really make a bin cage? are they that good? i have a my first pet large bunny cage, it is great the only thing is that the bars are far apart. btw do you really need the chicken netting on the top?

·
Registered
549 Posts
they are good for nothing other than litters, travel or possibly sick rats. Rats need ventilation.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well no luck but it is a 107 ql. cage with the top cut out and chicken wiring on the top for air it is mainly for litters as she said or small rodents such as hamster it is a great alternative for small animals

·
Registered
418 Posts
If you can find one of the huge ones and are handy with a knife you can cut out the sides and then there is just as must ventilation as a regular wire cage.

And Chicken wire should not be used as it is wider than recommended for smaller rats. Hardware cloth is typically preferred, vinyl coated being the best as it doesn't absorb urine. That being said, I still don't recommend bin cages as they're often too small. I think you'd be better off covering your rabbit cage with hardware cloth.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Bin cages are really only good for mice and hamsters. Rats it is different..I have hamsters and I have a bin cage their awesome.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes it is very cool but relax...it isn't good to post so much. Take it easy and show respect and give out good answers and maybe you will become a mod. :) Trust me I have been staff at many forums. ^^

1 - 15 of 15 Posts