Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are so active that they have to wear leashes just so that I wont loose them (atleast two of them are not allowed to free range without that on), as I am a very slow person.
How will they get cuddlier or atleast calmer? At first I got girls cause I thought they would learn tricks easier, but now I start to think that atleast some of them that I have a too quick and will get lost in my hands, tips?

·
Registered
680 Posts
I've only got boys, but from what I've read girls are faster and more squirmy when held. They should calm down with age, but they may never calm down to the point where they just sit in your lap while you pet them.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I have had girls since May, and just got the boys a few weeks ago. The girls have yet to calm down. I think it's just their personality. The boys are definitely calmer and like to sit and cuddle.

Realistically, you might need to be prepared for the girls to never really run out of steam. I like having both genders so that I can see the differences between them. If you want rats that sit and cuddle, you probably want boy rats. I'm not suggesting getting rid of the girls, but I don't think that calm will be in their vocabulary.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts