Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm looking at getting an off brand critter nation cage with the same dimensions. the single one. The cage calculator says it can fit up to 6 rats (2ft per rar) or up to 4 rats (2.5ft per rat)

I'm planning to get 3 males, so that when one dies, the other won't be completely alone. And I've read that males can get up to almost twice the size of a female. So I just wanted to know from you guys, if you think 3 males could happily live in a single critter nation cage?

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
We have 2 very large, and old, boys in the bottom unit of a double. The single CN size they're in now is enough for them. Just make sure you add hammocks and boxes and use the space wisely, and it will be definitely big enough for 3. But if they end up being 3 very large 1lb-ish boys, I wouldn't get any more rats or it may get cramped. When they hit puberty, it could start some real issues with hormones and bickering if they're all too close together and are feisty teens. Make sure you have at least 3 or 4 seperate sleeping spaces and 2 feeding areas away from each other and it should be fine for them. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts