Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two girls together in a small cage. They are very young, one being a couple months (Cersei) and the other being maybe alittle over a month (Dany). The older one, Cersei is 98% sure pregnant. (accidental preggers, the girl I got her from didn't realize that rats can get pregnant so young sigh)

Dany is just too small to be put with my other girls. She is an itty bitty thing. They all get free time together and do well. Actually my girls are pushy and will fight with Cersei but completely ignore Dany, even though she follows them around like- "Are u my mommy?" to them all lol Maybe because she is a baby? Idk. Anyways I think she is just too small to be in with my other girls yet.

My question is, is it possible to leave Dany in with Cersei after she has her babies? Or will that be bad for the babies? I can separate Dany to her own cage but I will feel bad her being all alone.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I think that this could really go either way. Dany may be young enough that she won't intentionally harm the pups, but that youth may also cause unintentional harm...or it could be perfectly fine. I think that if you are home all day and can monitor them closely then you could try it. Otherwise, I'd separate them and continue giving everyone free range together.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I think I will try it out and see how they both react. Dany is very sweet & calm so I don't think she will be a problem. I worry more about Cersei being in mommy mode, so I will keep an eye on her. Maybe since Dany is so young she will be ok with it. If I have to separate them it won't be too awful I have a rat room and most of the day they get to run around free.

Thanks.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I think I would remove Dany before the litter is born. There is too much chance the mother would attack her while protecting her litter, in my opinion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts