Rat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Rufus & Reggie
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve just moved back to my parents house and I’ve forgotten my rat food at my flat, can my rats eat dog food for the day just until tomorrow? I’m going back to the flat tomorrow so I’ll collect it then. URGENT REPLYS NEEDED.

·
Registered
802 Posts
No, you can give them some treats and such and they will be fine for a bit.

·
Registered
Rufus & Reggie
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, you can give them some treats and such and they will be fine for a bit.
I don’t have any treats on me at all either, my mum has dog food or brand flakes. It’s a good dog food thought not cheap stuff

·
Registered
745 Posts
I don’t have any treats on me at all either, my mum has dog food or brand flakes. It’s a good dog food thought not cheap stuff
They should be fine in the short term. I wouldn't make it a steady diet. Also, yiou can toss them small amounts of "people" food - as long as none of the ingrediants are on the no-no list for rats.

·
Registered
Rufus & Reggie
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They should be fine in the short term. I wouldn't make it a steady diet. Also, yiou can toss them small amounts of "people" - as long as none of the ingrediants are on the no-no list for rats.
I’ve done some research and dog food is now out of the question, it don’t feel comfortable doing it. What about bran flakes?

·
Registered
Cloud and Dew (Pearl Merle and American Mink, both with Irish markings)!
507 Posts
Some dog food actually can be fed as regular food since it’s cheaper. Can you list the ingredients or take a picture? If not, basic foods like rice or pasta would be great. Bran flakes would also be good!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts