Rat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mayo, salad cream, ketchup? That sort of stuff like all the sauces, I dont know why really but it just popped into my head lol :p

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thanks, I wasnt planning on giving them it I just randomly thought of it :p And I doubt that they would get into it accidently anyway.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
It won't kill them. But don't give them any if you can avoid it. My rat got into my pizza crust the other day :p
he licked off some of the sauce. he was fine. he's stolen small licks of sour cream too.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I was just thinking generic or cheapo dry stuff from the dollar store type. I don't understand..why would you need to supervise them with rawhide chews?...Choking maybe???

·
Registered
164 Posts
Exactly the reason. Also, some cheaper dog bones have a really high sodium content because they're articially flavored.

And cheap dogfood like that is usually made out of cornmeal, which is nutritionally worthless, and has too high protein for rats. There are some good dogfoods, like senior dog foods, but I don't know which brand it is exactly.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Also I've seen posts here saying you can give yer rats mealworms or crickets for protein...i've always heard giving them meat was a bad idea cause it could cause them to turn carniverous ???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts