Rat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday when I got home from work, Daisy and Roxy were sitting at the door of their cage looking for attention. So I sat in the recliner by them and opened the door for them to come out for lap time. Daisy almost immediately noticed the band aid I had on my finger and tried to get it off. When that did not work, she attempted to grab onto my finger and pull it, and my hand back into the cage. It would have been funny if she had not clamped down hard on the cut on my finger and I HURT!! So I yelled OUCH. And "Stop that". She kept trying, and then Roxy got into the act and started grabbing my finger, trying to pull it into the cage. I ended up taking the band aid off, and giving them a time out in the cage. When I went back later they both, pretty much ignored me. Would not even come down when I refilled their food and water. They did seem to forgive me later and came out for skritches.

·
Banned
6,244 Posts
Sometimes I think rats understand us better than we understand them and yes, I'm relatively convinced some get passive aggressive down to a science.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As of last night they seemed to have forgotten they were mad at me, and wanted to play. They both did check my finger, just to see what they could see. I was smart..no band aid.

·
Registered
47 Posts
My ratties are all over the spectrum when I approach their cage--one time they are hurling themselves at the door, the next they are oblivious. I assume it is mostly related to their energy cycle throughout the day--I wouldn't read too much into it.

Oh, I should also say that rats have always seemed very forgiving to me--I've been surprised that I can torture them with a bath or nail clipping that makes them freak out and fear-poop all over the place, and as soon as it stops they immediately flip back to loyal buddies. (Depends on how much history they have with you, I'm sure...)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.