Rat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some people said its bad for their back? Is that true? Because I've seen videos on YouTube and people have those big green wheels in their cages.

·
Registered
581 Posts
As long as you get a wheel big enough for your rats (12" seems to be the good size) then the only problem you might have is wheel tail. Some people feels it hurts the rat but from what I understand it's just the muscles in the tail frowing more used to holding the tail up so it doesn't hit the wheel. It's really your opinion on if wheel tail is undesirable for your rats and if you feel like it's bad for them.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I've heard many people use those types of wheels. I'm sure you could find some way to attach it too, even if it doesn't normally attach to the Critter Nation. Just a warning though; those wheels aren't always as quiet as you think they are. You might have to put olive oil on it if it's too loud.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I have the biggest silent spinner. Its not "silent" its definitely quiet but its not silent. Also it can attach to the cage without the stand but it might rattle the side panel a bit. My girls love their wheel.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the biggest silent spinner. Its not "silent" its definitely quiet but its not silent. Also it can attach to the cage without the stand but it might rattle the side panel a bit. My girls love their wheel.
Do you have a critter nation cage?

·
Registered
601 Posts
My girls have that wheel, and they are in a CN cage. It attaches just fine. :)

·
Registered
995 Posts
No, I have a Martins. It doesn't rattle as much as it rattled my Petco Rat Manor though. I've never been near a CN in real life but I think its a little heavier than my Martins.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Wheels are fine as long as they are big enough. The Silent Spinner 12" works great. The other wheel I like is the Stealth/Magnum wheel but they are insanely expensive.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts