Rat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sort of new to raising ratties, and although there is plenty of pictures to help me figure color and markings out; there is so much variation with each marking that it's hard for me to tell. And a lot of the colors are similar as well. So to start out I'm going to post a few pictures of my three males. They are all Dumbos and the same color... although I'm not sure what it is classified as. So if someone could help by telling me which color their classified as and what their markings are that would be great. One of them is an odd eyed, other than that their eyes are black.

Male 1 (Odd Eyed)

Male 2

Male 3

Thanks ahead of time :D

·
Registered
217 Posts
I'd say say that they're all gray Veriberk/variegated, at least.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, thank you so much. That's what I was thinking on the marking. But as for coloring there are so many different colors that look so similar it was hard for me to tell. Again thanks so much for the help!

·
Premium Member
4,287 Posts
They look like American or British blue (depending which country your in they call it different things).
No 1 rat looks like a head spotted berkshire (i am guessing at the berkshire bit based on the other twos genetics and his head spot)
No 2 is a variagated though not a great one lol, possibly closer to a variberk (take your pick as he's pretty evenly between the two)
No 3 is variagted too.

They are interesting ones though as they dont have very defined variagation in the photos, true variagted have a more mottled speckled appearence. Its possible that the photos and there colouring doesnt show it off great though. It might jsut be that they are not bred for clear variagation too (not really a big deal either way, they are still beautiful).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.