Rat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my question; can you put cloths on your rat? I am wondering because I have gone to websites that have people that post pictures of the rats with cloths! I think it would be so cute if I did it to my rat. But, could somebody please tell me if it is okay or not? :p

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
It's been done, but I certainly wouldn't try it with my girls- I can predict it now: I'll catch them, protesting, stuff them in the cloths while they protest, they'll give me that "look," (ie, the look that says "I hate you, and there had darn better be yogies after this!"), and wriggle out, probably chewing or peeing on the cloths in the process.

Moral of the story, make sure your rats are quite patient and tolerant.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
My girls would hate it :D

Jess x

·
Registered
626 Posts
Not recomended out of experience... bad idea :lol:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Nope i can imagine my girls goin v mad , maybe when there older , my 3 year old dog (miniutre dachund) who weighs 7lb loves bein dressed and lays there still while u put her in anythin from nappies to babygrows to a hoody she also loves baby equipment like bouncy chairs lol
Jess x

·
Registered
221 Posts
i've tried just putting harnesses on to go outside...it was nearly impossible and the second it was on they wriggled right out...I don't reccomend it but if you can do it and take a majorly cute pic...kudos to you :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
We tried putting an home-made fleece coat on Turfle. She was not at all please and certainally made sure everybody in the house knew it. (I have never heard those sounds before or since) I figured it was cold outside and she should be warmer if we dressed her in a coat. She gave us the look of "it is a good thing I live in a cage or I would kill you in your sleep" look. We haven't tried it since. :D

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for telling me! please keep posting!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm not sure how my girls would handle it. Milo is the type of rat that would do anything for attention, so I think she might like the "Look at me! I'm adorable!" factor. But Roxie.... *wince* I like my fingers, thanks. o_O

·
Registered
483 Posts
My boy and one girl would squirm, the baby who turns one on feb 8th would bite me. my beautiful one might be interested but she is squimish too.

·
Registered
259 Posts
lol rats are not Barbie dolls, i personally think taht ppl should not clothe their rats. i mean just leave them how they like it best, how it really is in nature. although i have to admit it is cute but it still isnt worth the temptation.

·
Registered
879 Posts
hahah I think it's cruel and unusual punishment for any animal. I wouldn't do it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Unless you're Junior's dog XD

I think one of my girls wouldn't try to eat me if I did, but I wouldn't even bother with Mimzy...

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah, You are right. It would be cruel(yet cute) to the animal. Anyways, Tmpleton would squirm so much I wouldn't even be able to get clothing on him!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts