Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

My darling girls have quickly outgrown their home. I need to get them a bigger cage, but I'm on a very tight budget (aren't we all).

Of course, now that I've scoped out FN's, I only have eyes for those, but I need to keep the cost under $100 if possible.

Can you suggest any?

...and I have looked at the Martin's cages, but was hoping to find one that I could buy at a store, to save on shipping (and satisfy my urgent desire for a cage!!)

Thanks much!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Look at the bird cages at the petstores. I just happened to luck out at petco yesterday. I got a 30"x18" cage for $12. I had to modify it a little. I cut the wire out of the bottom and I just use the plastic tray that was under it for the boom. I took the extra wire and cut it up to make shelves. I assembled eveything w/ zip ties. (also zip tied all he doors down except the one i use which it latched w a rubberband.) But even if you dont get lucky the cage i got is originally like $75. hey have huge birdcages for 60-80. If you are willing to put forth a little effort you can have a huge cage w/ lots of levels. So long as you have wire cutters and some zip ties. I am not a diy kind of person. When people suggested projects i quit listening but it really only took me a couple of hours. I did the whole thing last night and it looks great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.