Rat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i adopted two PEW babies and they are identical. I can tell which one is which because one of them has a URI right now and sneezes constantly. Of course he will be going on medication and when he's better I'm not going to be able to tell them apart! Louie is a little smaller but they are both growing so fast I don't think its accurate. Would it be safe if i poked one of there ears with a sharpie? would they lick it off? Or does anyone have another idea on how I could mark one of them.

Thank you !

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Sharpie is good, but I'd do it at the base of the tail since they're less likely to clean it off. It's non-toxic, so you don't have to worry about it hurting them. You might have to redo the marks once a week, maybe more if they groom a lot.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Name them both the same thing. :D

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
I have three himi sisters that look exactly alike. I call them the triplets. I can not tell them apart at all. Personality wise they are even quite similar except one is alittle bit less confident and seems to be a homebody. So if one is in the cage I assume it is Piper but I don't know for sure.

I tried markers but my girls would not have it and bathed it off too quickly. It would be gone the next day completely. I've thought about using koolaid because Ive seen others try it but I have also heard it can make their fur gunky.

So I have just gave up. I love them all. I just say here triplets when talking to them lol

·
Registered
953 Posts
8 boys and 4 girls that are all 1/2 wild and look a like here. Personalities are very different. They do have slightly different belly markings. But mostly the 4 girls go by the brownies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts