Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
To care for rats are relatively easy. It is by far my easiest daily maintenance schedule when compared to other pets. It becomes tricky when it comes to vet bills. Since rats live very shorts lives, health issues tend to pop up fast during their tiny lifespans. Exotics vets are expensive and it isn't uncommon to spend hundreds of dollars in one visit. We have rescued cats before and owned dogs. In terms of vet care, I have spent more on my rats than I have on any other animal and the others lived a lot longer.

·
Premium Member
4,287 Posts
depends what you want from them. You get out what you put in. i take things fairly far, my guys get a home made mix i have spent years getting right. They have the best cage i could get them which i spend far too long setting up and finding new things for. They get a free range area with giant cat tree and toys to play with. Theres more abs i love giving it to them. They more than pay it back by being wonderful little creatures

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.