Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have only had my rats for about 2 days. And one is sneezing alot. But people said she's probably just sneezing because of all of the new smells and stuff that she's absorbing in the air. She is really excited and runs around smelling everything. And the other one isn't sneezing at all.

So am I wrong to assume it's just the new environment? I mean if she were sick they'd both be sick since they were both in the same cage with the same air, etc. Right?

But I just read on another rat site that some rats are allergic to Carefresh? I think the Carefresh looks better and seems softer and better for them than Yesterday's News. What do y'all think? Is it possible she's allergic to the bedding?

I don't think so cause she doesn't really sneeze in her cage. She only sneezes a lot when I let her out to run around.

·
Registered
293 Posts
i think its just because of the new area. ive used carefresh on my rats for years and its never bothered them. and its one of the only types i can use for my hairless, i think its great stuff.

·
Registered
814 Posts
It's probley just the new home, My new guys still sneez a little but I keep them on old shirts. I personally don't like carefresh. It's never harmed any rats that I know of but I had a rabbit get a horrible infection that lead to it's death :(. However like I said I've hurd a lot of good things about it for rats. I also don't like it because it makes me sneez REALLY badly lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts