Rat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Carl has a tumor that drags on the floor. It is huge. Honestly I feel like my tumor has a rat now. I didn't have it removed. Maybe I'm a bad rat owner, but that was my choice from the day I got them. I knew on Friday that I would be having Carl PTS sometime in the next few days. Tonight when I let her out of the cage for playtime (which she has still been fighting for despite this giant tumor) i turned around for a second and when I looked back there was blood on the floor. Like, a lot of blood. Maybe a tablespoon spread around. I grabbed her and wrapped her in a towel and gave her treats and cried. And the bleeding stopped. I'm assuming the friction caused something to open up. I'm going to call her vet for an appointment tomorrow for the euthanasia.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Can I leave her in the cage with her sister? They have fleece bedding so I don't think she'd have another incident. I KNOW this is anthropomorphizing but it just seems like she should get to spend her last night on earth with her sis. On the other hand, I don't want a bloody mess to deal with in the morning. Poor girl.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Are we positive this isn't an abscess? I didn't know tumors bled? I would let her spend her last night with her sis :( Poor girl, indeed, I'm so so sorry,

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Im sooooooo sorry about this:(. I would spoil her rotten. And i completly support you for not having it removed in the first place.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all, Carl was PTS in the morning yesterday. Quite possibly the most difficult day of my life. She was certainly a fighter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts