Rat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got this front carrier pack for my rats! It was made for ferrets, but the two of them fit in there with room to spare. I took them out for the first time yesterday just a short three blocks (brought them to work on my day off.. they were a hit with my coworkers!)

But here's my question.. when you walk there's a lot of up and down bouncing with each step you take. Does this bother them? I've never really walked around with rats before so I'd like to here some feedback from all you who carry yours around with them. Also, I live downtown in a big city so they were a little scared from all the noises. Will they feel better with this the more I take them out?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
They'll definitely get used to it, just make sure they don't go anywhere that could make them sick and such.

At least yours stay in the pouch... mine would be riding shoulder or climbing like I was their own jungle gym.

Wait, I am their jungle gym. :lol:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input! I think they're over it. I took them around today.. and even longer and they seemed to have a great old time getting out of their cage for some hours and seeing all sorts of new things!

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I thought about getting something like that so I could take my rats around. But they'd probably just chew their way out ^^;

·
Registered
981 Posts
I wish I could take my rats out :( But who am I kidding, I don't want to go outside at all. I hear there are bears out there.

Ok this post wasn't very helpful, I apologize. I don't think the rats will mind the bouncing at all.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
i went to petsmart a few weeks ago and they had those pampered pooch carriers for toy breeds on sale for $20 and under. i got mine for a whopping $6! it's cute, i'll post a pic later. i had to glue a velcro strip on to keep the side flap closed all the way but it's fabulous and i want to take my rats to class now. :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
i took my new rattie to the movies...didnt have time to go home and get her settled. she was sleeping anyways. half way through resident evil there was a scary part where she screamed...it freaked me out so bad. but she liked me, curled up again in my hand, and fell back to sleep.
but ya...mine stay on the shoulders, or in the car in a little carrying case

1 - 7 of 7 Posts