Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my dad and I popped into Pets at Home today to 'ooh' and 'aww' over the animals inside. I was interacting with some female rats through the glass when my dad pointed out a rather lonely, sad looking adult rat in a little glass cage all by himself. Trust me when I say I was more than happy with the seven rats I already had...but then again, what fate awaited this little guy when the new baby males came in and needed his cage? I know they keep frozen rats in the back and maybe he would've joined them! My dad seemed even more driven to bring this little guy home than me (he can be a real softy sometimes!) and so Casper joined the family. In the bright light of the pet shop he looked like a REW (hence the name) but when i got him home i noticed he was actually a very pale hooded with a little blaze on his forehead. I wasn't sure what to expect from him but i got him out to bond this afternoon:

casper 2.jpg straight away he decided toys were marvellous...
casper 3.jpg casper 4.jpg ...and perfect for chewing on!

I don't think he'd ever been in an open space as big as my room before (which compared to most rooms is small but up to a tiny cage is gigantic!) he ran around the perimeter of the free range set up a few times and didn't seem to mind having his picture taken at all.

Then when he settled down a bit, I scooped him up into my lap for a cuddle and that's when I fell in love. He nestled into my arms and his eyes became heavy as I stroked his nose and behind his ears.

casper the lonley rat.jpg

The plan from here on out is to wait a couple of weeks, then introduce him to my two males. When my eldest male (Bobby) inevitably passes away i'm afraid Casper will have to part with his manly bits and then all my rats will be one great big mischief!

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Great that you gave him a home :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts