Rat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just realized how stupid I was. A few months ago I disappeared for a while after leaving behind a thread expressing my concern after my girl Mo fell aprox. 6 feet. According to the thread I found while perusing the archives for information and knowledge, I found out that she was assumed dead. :oops:
link to thread:Terrible Fall=Injured Rat
She's alive and well, with total control of all her limbs and no apparent disabilities. I've found she's become quite the daredevil. She'll jump from the top of her cage to the bottom, leap from person to person, and crawl up to my father (very dangerous :D he is scared of the rats), explore behind the fridge (at least, she did until I intervened), etc.

Anyways, anyone else have their own little mischief-maker(s) whose exploits they wish to share?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Darn.
I suppose this should be under rat behaviour. :oops:
Can someone move this?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
themacgregor said:
Darn.
I suppose this should be under rat behaviour. :oops:
Can someone move this?
:D

Well, my mischief has one main troublemaker... Puck... he likes to jump and climb... once found him in the shelves in my bathroom at eye level, looking innocent, of course.

·
Registered
527 Posts
i left my rats in the bathtub while i was cleaning their cage so they could play.
when i come to check on them a few mins later, i see that both of them have escaped the bathtub..and see that Baby is missing!
i find her in my brother's room..which is a couple of feet away from the bathroom.
apparently, she can both jump OUT of the tub and fit UNDER the door to the bathroom. :lol:
i can't wait until they're bigger..it'll save me some stress as they can currently fit into the smallest places!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a little trouble maker but not with escaping (yet at least). Amy is still very small and I was a bit concerned with her being so small with my 2 bigger girls. I should have been worried for Tara! She's about half Tara's size and yet jumps on her back and wrestles with her until Tara is on her back then she waddles off like nothing happened. She has also started stealing food from Tara. She thinks she soooo big hahaha.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Hm... Betty doesn't really try to escape so much, though I absolutly never let my guard down (to many cats!). She does love to borrow stuff though and have had to search through her cage to find missing items!

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
I have a trouble fur-ball called Lily. You can't leave any drinks or bowls laying around as she enjoys fishing (yes..not drinking...fishing) in them with her front paws.

I found her the dregs of cold tomato soup the other day (she's a white rat) having a good old bathe. Needless to say, she needed a bath!

My wild rat, Max, also is a complete pain in the backside when it comes to escaping into unknown places - at 5 weeks old she climbed up the side of a wardrobe (between the wardrobe and the wall) and while I was being a 'stupid human being' searching every inch of the floor - she was laughing at me from the top of the wardrobe!

Needless to say, neither are allowed out without intense supervision! Lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts