Rat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted on the rat diet thread up above, but I know I don't always looks up there myself, so I thought I'd ask here.

Anyone have any experience with feeding their rats cauliflower? I haven't seen anything either way, so I doubt it's really bad for them, but is it worth feeding to them at all?

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
i haven't heard bad, so i assumed good, but now that i think about it, i don't think i've ever really heard anything about cauliflower, for people or ratties. i wonder, like you said, if it's just wasted energy, like lettuce or celery?

·
Registered
6 Posts
yes i feed my rats cauliflower/carrots/apple/orange/meusli

do not be afraid of trying something new

·
Registered
49 Posts
I tried feed my boys cauliflower once, but they didn't like it. But converesly, they loved broccolli. So I guess it's just the rat's personal preference. I don't see how it could hurt them.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks folks!

It's not that I'm afraid to try something new, it's just that there are some things out there that surprisingly aren't good for ratties.

·
Registered
343 Posts
My girls love broccoli and thats related to the cauliflower so im guessing itd be good.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
purple cauliflower (I believe) would be better :) for people too! I remember someone telling me the darker the better..........or was that fruit.8O hummm never mind lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts