Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My poor Chai is slowing down. Her hind legs have weakened and she doesn't move around much anymore. I've noticed that she is peeing large amounts at a time as she sleeps and I have to wash her belly several times a day to remove it so it won't irritate her delicate skin.

I'm just curious if this requires a vet visit. I ASSUME it is due to the degeneration of her hind legs but now I am wondering if it could be a UTI. I don't think Chai can handle much more veterinary care. Even minor stress like a trip to the vet is becoming a huge deal to her now.

She was just in for some mite medicine but at the time I didn't really notice the urination issue. (Rant incoming.) Seriously... the moment a mite outbreak starts she scabs up like a zombie.

She is content with her mite treatment and sleeping on the couch about 20 hours a day. Even if she does pee herself. ;)

Skin Cat Felidae Rat Whiskers

I love my sleepy mitey peeing zombie Chai.

·
Premium Member
3,636 Posts
Keep her on paper towel bedding, look for orangey/brown tinged (bloody) urine. She might just not feel up to the task of getting out of bed to pee...

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Keep her on paper towel bedding, look for orangey/brown tinged (bloody) urine. She might just not feel up to the task of getting out of bed to pee...
Ah, very clever. I'll keep an eye out for that. I found a picture of the amount of wetness just now.

Rat Rodent Muridae Muroidea Hamster

1 - 3 of 3 Posts