Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On 10/14/2015 at around 5AM, our sweet Chai passed away peacefully in her sleep. Chai was the absolute sweetest, most beautiful creature I've ever met. She lit up the lives of everyone she met. She was pure love. Pure joy. She was as beautiful as a rat could be.

She was around 3 years old when she passed away, though we cannot be sure due to her being a rescue. Her best friend, Mocha, passed away in April and I know they are together in Heaven.

Chai endured 3 surgeries in her life - one very serious hernia surgery and two lump removals. It wasn't long after the 3rd surgery that she left us. In fact, after that last surgery, she decided she simply wasn't going to go back in a cage. She spent her last weeks as a complete out of the cage rat. She ate with us, slept with us, and even went to stores with us. She loved meeting new people and taking exciting trips to various stores.

We believe she had a stroke. She suddenly lost her ability to move or eat solid food. We syringe fed her ensure every 2 hours around the clock for about 2 weeks. We barely slept. We dedicated our lives to making sure she was comfortable. Despite our care, she wasted away and slipped away.

Chai, you took my heart and soul with you. Daddy and I miss you so much and life just isn't the same without you.

These two pictures were taken only weeks apart. The first one was shortly after her last surgery when she decided she was going to live outside of the cage. The second one was when she needed around the clock care.

IMG_2467.JPG IMG_4550.jpg

Rest in peace, my heart. Until we meet again, I won't be whole.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Im sorry for your loss of chai. She really was and still is an incredible rat.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
So sorry about losing Chai. She really was beautiful. Is that first pic a recent one? Look at the sweet old lady face! Aww.. Old rats are so sweet, they make my heart melt. So sorry about your loss, she was very loved. You did so much to keep her healthy and happy, and I'm sure she knows it and loved you just as much as you loved her.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts