Rat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I make jewlery and various other things out of chainmail. Would rats in general like something chainmail to climb on? And if so what type of metal would be best?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stephanie said:
I think it would pinch their toes with how flexible the metal is but i could be wrong.
Now that you mention it you could be right. Maybe there's a tighter weave for larger rings somewhere.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
If they didn't hurt themselves it could be fun, but it would get nasty fairly quick.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
It's possible the metal would react with the urine... unless it was coated somehow. I don't know about possible injuries...

·
Registered
489 Posts
Lol, i had to google chainmail...i was thinkin letters nad emails and think your all crazy.

id imagine it pinchin them.

·
Registered
151 Posts
poppyseed you read my mind.
But i was actually going to ask if she could make my rat and me matching chain mail bikinis.
We could put out a Ratforum.com calendar
how exciting. I call January! (yes in our bikinis)=]

and cristrikeagian i thought the same thing when i saw the subject. i was trying to picture "a deformed rat coming to kill me by my bed at 3 am"

·
Registered
489 Posts
hahah my rat gets out and comes on my bed to wake me up and kill me(by startling me), but shes not deformed.

and its good to know I'm not the only one who thought that

·
Registered
130 Posts
Is chainmail the same thing they use on hanging baskets. If so I have some in my cage. They chewed the basket b4 they had chance to pee on the metal chain lol. Or has chainmail got smaller weaving.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts