Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, so I have 2 rats. They live in a small cage with two levels as of now, and I am getting a new cage this week. Their old cage broke, so I put them in a cheap cage I had gotten until I could go out and buy a bigger better cage. I dont remmeber the name of the old cage as it was... well, old. I had had it for years from my very first mischief when I was like 8 or 9.

Does anyone know of any cage sales, cheap cages, second hand cages or a place to buy fairly cheap cages. Im not talking about quality cheap, but i can't afford to spend 200 dollars on a rat cage.
Thank you

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have this cage, which is quite large enough for two and only cost me $50. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WORIL6M?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00 I put a topper on it but it's big enough for 2 rats as is. Just make sure you cover the wire floors and platforms with fleece or something to protect their toes.
You could also easily create a cage using a small cabinet or bookshelf and some hardware mesh or something similar. Look on craigslist and yard sales for bird cages or small dog kennels.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Not sure where you live but I found my double critter nation cage on craigslist for under 100. It's an amazing cage but even if you aren't able to do that I've found other great cages that way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts