Rat Forum banner

Cheaper?

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  savveth 
#1 ·
I was contemplating on buying one of martin's BIRD cages. BB-820 Bird Cage.

# 24" x 24" x 20"
# Slide-out pan
# Floor wire

I would cover the wire floor with a hard surface to get rid of the rats having to walk on the wire and making my own shelves.

Would this be larger and cheaper then buying a Rat cage from Martin that already has the shelves but less space for more money?

I don't know what to use though to make more shelves and ramps, but Ide also make a couple more doors to get the rats out from then that one large door.

Anyone have any opinions?

What could I use to make ramps and levels and how?

See less See more
#7 ·
savveth said:
That cage is wayyyy too small for even one rat. It would be better if you went with one of martins rat cages made for rats.
Savveth, I think you may have your two cubic feet per rat calculations a little off... this is the second post I've seen where you've been a bit out. ;) Granted, this cage isn't massive, but with some levels it does at least cover the minimum requirements for two rats.

#9 ·
DonnaK said:
savveth said:
That cage is wayyyy too small for even one rat. It would be better if you went with one of martins rat cages made for rats.
Savveth, I think you may have your two cubic feet per rat calculations a little off... this is the second post I've seen where you've been a bit out. ;) Granted, this cage isn't massive, but with some levels it does at least cover the minimum requirements for two rats.
ooops, forgot to add shelving space, lol. my bad. Im just used to things way bigger I guess, *stares at massive cage in closet*....yep, I think thats it. xD

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.