Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my rats has recently been chewing the zip ties holding the hardware cloth on the cage and chewing their cardboard house (the second one is not so worrying) does anyone have any idea how to stop this, or why she is doing it. My rats are a few months old and female.

·
Registered
55 Posts
She's probably just a chewer, LOL

Are you using plastic zip ties? You can get metal ones that are chew-proof. Also you might want to provide some more chew toys for her, just for fun as it sounds like she enjoys chewing :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She's probably just a chewer, LOL

Are you using plastic zip ties? You can get metal ones that are chew-proof. Also you might want to provide some more chew toys for her, just for fun as it sounds like she enjoys chewing :)
yes I’m using plastic zip ties so I will try to get metal ones also I will get her some chew toys and see how it goes 🙂

·
Registered
55 Posts
yes I’m using plastic zip ties so I will try to get metal ones also I will get her some chew toys and see how it goes 🙂
That's great! Let us know how it works out after you get them! :)

As for the chew toys:
I've heard rats love these bamboo sticks. I'm also going to order some of these sola sticks soon, I just found out they are safe- and they look very fun for rats!

·
Registered
Tesla, Ruby, Cloud, and Poe
92 Posts
It is totally
One of my rats has recently been chewing the zip ties holding the hardware cloth on the cage and chewing their cardboard house (the second one is not so worrying) does anyone have any idea how to stop this, or why she is doing it. My rats are a few months old and female.
It's totally normal, though sometimes annoying behavior. Rodents love chewing. Willow & Whiskers had some great suggestions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts