Rat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, it's finally a year our rats can partay!

Does anyone have any special rat-orientated celebrations planned?

We're having a chinese take-out on Saturday (a little late but oh well), watching Rush Hour or some such movie (Jackie Chan!). It'll also be cage-building orientated. And of course, the rats will get our prawn crackers :D

It's not much - but it will involve my used-to-be-petrified-of-rats work friend who held her first rat (ambassador for rodentkind - Lily) two weeks ago and ever since has been begging to come back and hold her more. PLUS! She's now resorted to calling herself the rats 'auntie' LOL

So at least someone will enjoy the New Year!

·
Registered
500 Posts
LoL, sounds like a blast.

I gave mine some noodle soup (lol, not Ramen...the good stuff...) with rice noodles and veggies and they loved it, so I bet yours will enjoy their Chinese feast, too.

Splinter, my hairless, jumped directly from my bed to my shoulder to get my Singapore street noodles, but I couldn't share those because they're too spicy...

Happy party-ing!

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ledzepgirl16 said:
LoL, sounds like a blast.

I gave mine some noodle soup (lol, not Ramen...the good stuff...) with rice noodles and veggies and they loved it, so I bet yours will enjoy their Chinese feast, too.

Splinter, my hairless, jumped directly from my bed to my shoulder to get my Singapore street noodles, but I couldn't share those because they're too spicy...

Happy party-ing!
Ben (hairles also) goes bananas for Supernoodles (equivalent to Ramen noodles). If I eat them and if he happens to be running around at the time - BAM! Rat headfirst in my noodles. As I love the curry flavor - I then have a yellow footed (from the dye) curry smelling rat for the next hour or so. o_O

Edit : you did just give me the idea though. Maybe my local chinese take out will make me some plain noodles? Ooo noodles and prawn crackers. Total rat junk food but I bet they'll enjoy it

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I doubt it's the best thing to feed them, but then again I doubt it will kill them. As a one off, of course :)

I suppose it's like us going out, getting completely trashed then coming home and eating everything chocolate in the house - plus a cold shish kebab and chips (fries) you forgot you brought home. LOL

I'm trying to 'health' mine up when it comes to their treats .. but this is a special occasion :D

·
Registered
500 Posts
LoL, do any of us always eat healthy?

I love good healthy foods, but I'm with you on needing to splurge sometimes. I'm sure the rats would agree. :D

I'll bet a your local Chinese restaurant would be willing to do that, the ones around my area are very friendly about special orders. Rats do looove noodles.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Ration1802 said:
I doubt it's the best thing to feed them, but then again I doubt it will kill them. As a one off, of course :)

I suppose it's like us going out, getting completely trashed then coming home and eating everything chocolate in the house - plus a cold shish kebab and chips (fries) you forgot you brought home. LOL

I'm trying to 'health' mine up when it comes to their treats .. but this is a special occasion :D
Hahah I agree I am just always scared when I give mine treats because they are so much smaller than us and you don't know how much they can take as far as junk. Plus I wouldn't want to give them too much salt and what not. Well I mean they are natural scavengers and special occasion live it up!!! lol

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AceYourFace said:
Well I mean they are natural scavengers and special occasion live it up!!! lol
Now; Imagine a bunch of wild rats in one of their dens - on the couch, feet up, watching TV with a chinese take out.

That's what I call one heck of a splurge!

·
Registered
879 Posts
Ration1802 said:
AceYourFace said:
Well I mean they are natural scavengers and special occasion live it up!!! lol
Now; Imagine a bunch of wild rats in one of their dens - on the couch, feet up, watching TV with a chinese take out.

That's what I call one heck of a splurge!
Hahah oh man thats such a great image. Makes me want to draw a comic of that. :lol:

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
AceYourFace said:
Hahah oh man thats such a great image. Makes me want to draw a comic of that. :lol:
You so should!

They did dogs playing poker - lets do rats having chinese!

·
Registered
17 Posts
i'm so excited about tomorrows activities, i'm cage building (finally got the parts i need to finish my homemade cage extension)

and since my Ratties love noodles i think i'll nip out to the shop for some chinese vegetables and cook them (and me) up a healthy homemade chinese meal!

nummy treats all around me thinks! hee hee

Happy Year of the Rat everyone when it arrives officially! :D

·
Registered
418 Posts
Yay, I'm year of the Rat, so is my fiance. It really sux though because a few years ago when we first got engaged, I wanted to try and have our first kid as year of the Rat... no such luck though >_<. Can't have a kid if we are trying to get our own lives stable.. careers going and such.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts