Rat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as it's near christmas, I was just wondering what everyone has brought or treated their babies to for christmas...?

Other than stocking up on my girls rattie needs at Pets At Home earlier, I just brought them these...

I'm hoping and sure that they'll love them.
I spend way to much on my babies :lol: ...but they're worth it for the happiness they bring to me.

·
Registered
527 Posts
wow, those are awesome!
buy my ratties one? ;D
i got my ratties some treats and a hammock type thing..and i'm going fill their cage with toilet paper "snow" which they enjoy tearing to shreds and building nests with.
plus i'm gonna install a stocking in their cage!
hurray for my first ratty xmas! <3

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's my first ratty christmas to :D

I never thought of filling the girls cage with "snow", I should give it ago when I clean them out tomorrow.

I just hope the igloo isn't to big for the cage, it can fit upto 5 ratties.
I'm sure your ratties love what you've got them. I've just got to wait for mine to be delivered now...impatient.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I just bought some new fleece so I am going to be busy making them cage liners and new hammocks and tube hammocks and corner hammocks and tunnels and.... and... maybe a couple hidey holes. I bought 4 yards of fabric. 8O Got it from Walmart for $3 a yard. :D

·
Registered
229 Posts
That bottom polka-dot hanging bed is awesome. How big is it? I want it, but I fear my cage doesn't have enough room on the ceiling for it to hang. I've been adding so much to it lately. XD;

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
my ratties will be getting the same christmas lunch that i will be having. my family always goes out for lunch as both my mother and i detest cooking, no-one wants to be stuck doing a million dishes (no dish washers in our houses, only the manual kind, haha!), and not only that... its usually too bloody hot here in aussieland for any sane person to want to cook the traditional hot roast lunch, so...

...someone else can do the cooking and we will eat it. a lot of the pubs (hotels) here put on a fantastic buffet-type meal and reasonably priced too ($65 per person where we're going, includes beer, wine and soda). i have my ziplock bags ready to go, so i can sneak little goodies home for the pesks :)

then for dinner, i'm going to my best friends place, and i will be taking more bags with me, although she always does a take-away pack for the rats anyway, lol

so they will be very spoilt ratties :)

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
i love that hanging bed thingy. i would love to get smething like hat for my babies. the square ones are getting borring though the babes still seem to love them.

i got them a few treats and am planning on putting an order in to java kitty to get some custom liners. i've tried making some but i suck at it. i want to get some cuddle cups from her as well. and when i figure out where a put that paper with the store's phone number on it in calis, maine i plan on ordering a bunch of new toys from ferret.com. i am thoroughly impressed with their low low prices and cheap shipping. i'll need to get a friend to come with me for the drive so i don't get lost but i should be able to handle it. unfortunately all that will have to wait until the finances recover a bit, well at least the the ferret.com stuff. with all there that i want i will probably end up spending over $100...

but yeah, i have people that complain i spend more on the rats then i do on myself and that i should buy myself some nice clothes. i have clothes though i keep telling them, some even without airation holes lovingly places by my rat babies.... :lol:

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got the hanging igloo - as it's called :p from eBay.
It measures 12" deep x 8" high x 7" wide and can fit upto 5 ratties in it. Doris loves chewing it, much to my annoyance :roll:

I got it from this seller e*equine

I like the look of the wigwam to :D

EDIT - I also meant to add, that it is quite big for my Freddy cage.

·
Registered
28 Posts
First Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!

I think I bought half of Superpet out when Petsmart took over so they will be getting some new hammocks, frozen Green peas and soy milk and some chicken too. Extra attention and play time as it is pretty quiet here now finally. :)

We celebrated Saturday evening as that is when we could have my 2 sons and grandson here. Now it is quiet and I want to bring my sewing machine down and try my hand at some hammocks.

A friend brought me some Ratatouille little biscuits almost too cute to eat.
Take care everyone and stay safe, healthy and happy okay. :wink:

·
Registered
722 Posts
I got them a few chew toys (one has a nut in the middle, and one has a jingle ball), and little Rattatouillie treats. Plus I hung a stocking in their cage. And they got a little Christmas Eve dinner tonight... yum!

·
Registered
655 Posts
I just stopped by to say happy Christmas to this lovely place I have so neglected recently.
My girls got a taste of everything. The prawns and smoked salmon went down well and the pudding with brandy sauce. They got some choc drops and sausage roll treats wrapped up. I have discovered they love brussel sprouts so I will have to buy them when we get home from my grans.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
my girls went nuts over their prawns, too, but the boys didnt think much of them last night. no sign of any residue prawns this morning though...

·
Registered
28 Posts
crapola said:
my girls went nuts over their prawns, too, but the boys didnt think much of them last night. no sign of any residue prawns this morning though...
Rattatouillie treats in the blue bag were kind of cute and think I almost made it one for all 18 rats. lol

I passed out green grapes and their very favourite baby arrowroot cookies which is always a big hit with them too. I had to guard my sweet boy Perkins who has rear end paralysis and eats rather slowly so the 3 other boys didn't take his share. :-D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts