Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a totally new rat mom and I just starting my journey with these two little rescues from the humane society.

This is Cleo-rat-tra, Cleo for short, the biggest of the two and by far the most curious. I was told at the humane society these two were surrendered because a family was "scaling down" their population. Aparently they were keeping males and females together. Cleo was pregnant when she was brought in. Her babies were all quite adorable and also up for adoption.

IMG_0252.JPG

And this is Roxy. The more petite of the two. A little more laid back but still curious...just not the first one out the cage door when it's opened. She makes up for her size by being a bit of a bully! Constantly pushing Cleo out of the way to lick my fingers. She throws her slight weight around a good bit.

IMG_0382.JPG

It's been interesting seeing how these two interact. I was told they've been cage mates for a good while and seem to get along even if they do squabble every so often. So far they squabble, there's some squeaking...and then they take a nap in the hammock together! LOL

·
Registered
664 Posts
They're both so cute! I love the name Cleo-rat-tra! Very creative :)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just wanted to share some more pictures. I'm a picture taking fiend lately. But they're just so darn cute!

Cleo deciding if it would be advisable to jump. I'm currently telling her no, it's really not a good idea.
10806414_10204432880315496_8197524885372156456_n.jpg

Roxy decided snuggling with me while I surfed the internet was a great idea.
IMG_0420.JPG

They have about 5 other places to snuggle that would probably be more comfortable but they consistently choose the smallest possible space to cram into.
snuggles.JPG

Oh Noes! Rat-i-cide!
IMG_0524.JPG

And Finally - Our Christmas Card for this Year.

christmas card.JPG

Okay...I'll stop now. I've promised all my friends on facebook to only post one picture of them a day at the most. I had to get it out of my system!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts