Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your opinion on clipping toe nails? I'm a first tie rattie daddy and my rats (Bubble & Squeek) have rather long nails. They don't seem to be in any pain though I probably wouldn't know how to recognize it if they are. Do they actually need clipping? How would I recognize if the rats are uncomfortable?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Most people don't cut their rats nails, you can get lava ledges which file rats nails down though. The only problem with long nails is that if your rats climb on you, you might get some scratches but from my knowledge long nails don't bother them. If you do want to cut their nail you need to be very careful since you might cause bleeding if you cut too high.

I found these links if you want to check it out:
ratclub.org - rat care

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most people don't cut their rats nails, you can get lava ledges which file rats nails down though. The only problem with long nails is that if your rats climb on you, you might get some scratches but from my knowledge long nails don't bother them. If you do want to cut their nail you need to be very careful since you might cause bleeding if you cut too high.

I found these links if you want to check it out:
ratclub.org - rat care
That is so cool Rex, thank you for the info and the instrauctions. It sounds like I don't really need to clip their nails so I'll just leave them as is. I don't mind being scratched!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts