Rat Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had to have Clover pts yesterday - weight loss from the lump on her cheek causing her to not be able to keep her teeth ground down... It just got too bad for her. I'm handling it pretty OK, but my daughter is gutted, since she was her rat.

My biggest concern now though, is Pan, who had been Clover's cagemate. Pan is now about 4 or 5 months old, and is... Well, not overly friendly. She doesn't like to be handled, but will put up with it. She and Clover didn't even seem to REALLY like each other, most of the time, but would snuggle and sleep together. She likes to have free range time, as long as she doesn't have to come too close to people. She doesn't bite or anything, doesn't even nibble. She just is kind of antisocial. I have three baby girls, but they're too young to be put in with her - I'm pretty sure she'd beat the tar out of them, if not outright kill them. Will she be OK by herself? Should we start looking for a home for her, someone who wants a single rat and is a fan of the idea of her not liking them much?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts