Rat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coco got out sometime last nite. She's good an ussually comes back and responds to me. But i havent seen any sign of her. I'm not too worried. i know she is in only my room. And I know she'lll come back.

When she gets thirsty, she'll try and go home, right?

Like i said, im not worried. Im just wonderin...has anyone here had a rat that got loose and not return?

·
Registered
151 Posts
only a hamster, who was a strange hamster, she was more like a rat. she was very affectionate but she never came back and we found her a few months after. i was heartbroken. the coinsidence was her name was coco after coco chanel. =] But i'm sure she'll be back. did you try tapping on the floor or leaving out treats? thats normaly how i find mine.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah, i looked a little for her but she alwas come back. and i just got home 1 at nite and there she is in her cage. I never had much concern. i just wanted to know if anyone lost a rat for good.

·
Registered
520 Posts
One of my rats, Kiwi, gets out fairly often and ends up making her way back. The antisocial or new ones are the ones that are hard to find... The sweeties just act like they are having a long free roam time and wander out when they get hungry...

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, at 1am. She was in her cage. Shes a good girl and always return.

·
Registered
43 Posts
one of my girls, april, got out once. she got into bathroom and chewed a hole in the bath panel. then she stayed in the cavity of the all and we couldnt get her, we tried alsorts of traps and ways to get her out. in the end i had to buy a humane rat trap an get her! she was in thre for a week, she looked all scraggy wen we got her back!! she was healthy tho i made sure she had water

·
Registered
116 Posts
My templeton hid in the bathroom wall for a week, I tried leaving food in a bucket to trap him but he always got out and lefta trail of food. Everyday I knew hed come out because Id see the toilet paper strung around and such, we finally tricked him after a week, he was spooked for a few days and then calmed down

·
Registered
447 Posts
Im scared to let my rats free roam. i have alot of dangerous shelves and wires and my room is quite cluttered lol. I let them run around the bathroom for an hour or so on some days.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts