Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive had my two rats(cody and toby) now for 2 months before that i had another rat (daisy) who passed away with cancer. i never had any problems with daisy but now i have toby and cody ive noticed Codys nose seems to be bleeding, he lets me clean it and it doesnt seem to hurt him i was wondering if i should take him to the vets or if he will be ok? thanks to anyone who can help *nix*

·
Registered
28 Posts
Rats are prone to fatal respiratory diseases, so you should probably take him to the vet. You should separate Cody from Toby until you know what it is, since one of the more problematic ones is both contagious and incurable.

·
Registered
63 Posts
My rat, Rhia had a brief nosebleed like a week ago, but it never happened again. i noticed she was smearing bits of blood on her towel (I was drying her off after a shower) , but after like 30 seconds there was no more bleeding. Do you think she is ok? She isn't acting funny or anything...

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
took both cody and toby 2 the vets 2day and tobys got a temp but cody is fine and lucky neither have fatal respiratory diseases! which is a weight off my mind! vet has given them antibiotics and they will both be fine!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts