Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Quick question here.
How do you keep your rats warm during cold times?
The temperature suddenly dropped in my country and I can tell my girls are getting cold. I already added some of my old tshirts in the cage, but what more could I do?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ratties seem pretty good at huddling together for warmth, but if it gets really cold you can get a little portable heater and have it on, lots of warm hammocks and beds help a lot and I love giving my girls porridge with sugar free almond milk in the winter too. honestly any hot food is fun! They should be okay though, no need to worry too much unless it's getting to freezing temperatures inside haha

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't do much different during the colder months but it also doesn't get extremely cold here in the southern US. They have a thin layer of fleece around their cage year around and if it's really cold out I'll add an extra layer or two. But between that, their soft beds/hammocks, and the fact they have fur - they seem to have no problem staying warm.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Hello hello! Greetings from New England, where things get very cold indeed, anthro climate change notwithstanding...Yes. Flannel, cotton quilted, and woollen fabrics are great. Make sure your habitat is away from drafts. And above all, hang out on the couch or recliner with your Rats. Never underestimate your ability to warm yerselves.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts