Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys

i'm here for help again!!!!!

I think Colin(4mnths) and Custard(6mnths) are gettin Bored with their food!
Custard Especially,he isn't eating as much as he used too.i've taken him to the vets and they have said they can't find anything wrong with either of them they are perfectly happy and heathly,

he suggested that i try and vary thier food but i'm not sure what to give them. they have a little bit of apple and are partial to a bit of banana but what else is safe to give them,

Someone told me to give them hay,but this particular person doesn't like rats so i won't give them it because i don't want to make my boys poorly.

your advice on this will make two certain ratties alot happier i think!!!!

cheers guys

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well, I'm very new to this site, and only got my first 2 rats yesterday, so I don't have much experience. I have heard it is okay to give them fruits such as grapes, cherries, various berries, melons, and as well as apples and bananas as you had said. I also heard it's okay to give them broccoli, peas, carrots, potatoes, and squash. All of this just comes from what I've read though, except for carrots, which I did feed them a baby corrot earlier today. They seemed to love it. I hope this helps a bit!

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
All those are good, try to stay away from oranges (and all citrus) with boy rats and any fruit with a pit (the pits can be poisonous) should at the least have the pits removed. This is the basic list of "forbidden foods" : http://www.petratscanada.com/forbidden_foods.htm

Also look into the 'rat diet' sticky, it's useful, and the 'top foods' sticky, where you could possibly get good ideas on what you could use instead of their current food. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts