Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We'll for the longest while. I was under the impression that Duncan was a Black Broken Pattern Irish. Because of the information given on AFRMA-Fancy Rats Standards with Pictures. But I was told he was a Broken Pattern Berkshire. But according to the AFRMA the Berkshire has a Full white stomach/ feet/ and tail. And that is not what Duncan has. And the Irish has White feet, White tail tip, and a white spot on the stomach. Sure Duncan's spot was large, so I just thought it was a broken pattern on him. But now, today I took a pic. And am thinking it is a borken Berk marking. I just wanted more opinions.

PICS INCLUDED

When I got him...

A month later, his back fur.

And now today, with his underbelly. He is fully exposed. I feel bad for him.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
the tummy markings don't go all the way to his sides so he's not a bershire. but he is considered a Mismarked berkshire. i'm not sure if the black spot would make him a down under or irish varation as well though. but in any case he is one handsome boy.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
He looks like a silvered black mismarked berk to me.

P.S. - that seed mix food is absolutely TERRIBLE for rats (and pretty much all other animals). You seriously need to switch foods, and ASAP.

·
Registered
133 Posts
ok i dont know the names for diferant colors but i have to say i love my grayish blue headed dumbos that i have. i used to have a hairless dumbo male he was so ugly he was cute but he passed away a few yrs ago.

·
Registered
10,640 Posts
Black berk with a belly spot. The standards twitch is thinking about are proper show standards and since almost all of us have pet quality rats...
What a cutie!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts