Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a vet in Colorado to remove mammary tumors from my rat. I live in Colorado Springs, so preferably close to there. If you live in Colorado, what vet do you take your rat(s) to? Have you ever had tumors removed? How much did it cost? I have tried several already and been quoted $400-$600 for all of them. I am trying to find somewhere cheaper, because I have limited funds (which are being depleted from having to be examined before getting a quote). I really don't have the funds to get any more quotes, so any information about specific vets from personal experience would be great. Any help is much appreciated! Thanks! ^.^

·
Registered
835 Posts
I don't know any in colorado springs but there's homestead vet clinic that I use for my ratties. If you're up for the drive. The doctors I've seen are Mr. Summar and Mrs. Anger they're both pretty good and handled my rats well. I am not sure if they do mammary tumor removals though you'd have to call. This is their website: http://www.homestead-animal-hospital.com/

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I asked my cousin as she lives in that area and her response was literally " Uhhhh dublin or pikes peak"....so I don't really think that's especially helpful but I don't think she's had to take her rats to the vet either

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ended up going to Pikes Peak. They were great and really knowledgeable! Even the tech and the facility is the best I've ever seen. Only cost a little over $200 and she's recovered really well. Initially went to Dublin, but the vet there didn't know anything about rats and couldn't even hold a conversation with me. She also lied to me about several issues and their proposed treatment plan would have cost over $400. Basically, never go to Dublin, go to Pikes Peak.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts